Saturday 8 September 2012

PART 4 OF MY PAINTBOX MINI COURSE, CORRECTING MISTAKES


Do any of your paintings look like this! If they do, you definitely need me!

This section of my workshop will be about correcting mistakes, which will range from correcting a small detail in a painting which has largely worked out well, to those paintings which cannot be amended but are very valuable to us in comparison with our later attempts.
I will be posting the corrections after I have come back from liverpool, but the following items are on my list.

How to correct streaks, and how to avoid them happening

How to avoid back-runs resulting in blooms and blotches.

How to get you pigment darker and more intense.

How to make the painting lighter.

How to stop your colours from getting muddy.

How to get your pigment to flow further and faster.

What equipment helps with minor mistakes.

When a painting can't be amended but it can be learned from.





No comments:

Post a Comment